Layered Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert
- 2 packets Jell-O strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 cups sliced frozen strawberries
- 2 cup crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounce container whipped topping
- extra whipped topping for garnish
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush your pretzels, 3 tablespoons sugar and melt the butter. Squish together on the bottom of a casserole dish. I used a 9 x 11 with a tight squeeze.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Boil 1 cup of water. Add your strawberry packets and let dissolve. Add in 1 cup cold water and mix. Set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to thoroughly mix the cream cheese. Add in one cup sugar and mix. Add in 8 ounces of whipped topping and fold in.
- Once the crust layer is cooled, add your cream cheese layer. Make sure to spread cream cheese layer evenly and butt up to all the sides of dish.
- When the Jell-O has cooled, add in your sliced strawberries. Mix and add the layer to your casserole dish.
- Place in fridge until completely set.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped topping on top.