Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake is a deliciously soft, lemon filled cake with lemon zest, lemon juices, basic baking ingredients, buttermilk and topped with tart lemon glaze drizzle.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- A bit of butter and flour needed to grease the pan
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bundt cake pan (standard size fluted tube pan) with butter and flour.
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Zest and juice the lemons needed. I used a total of 4 large lemons.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and lemon zest. Mix until ingredients are well blended to make a lemon sugar.
- Add 1 cup of butter to lemon sugar and use a hand mixer to beat until smooth.
- Add the 4 eggs and use the hand mixer to beat until smooth (add eggs one at a time).
- Add in some of the dry ingredients and beat, followed by some of the buttermilk and lemon juice. Alternate adding in the dry ingredients and buttermilk and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the greased bundt cake pan and place into oven for 60 minutes.
- Let cake cool and remove from pan.
- Create the glaze. Whisk confectioner sugar with lemon juice and pour over cake.
For a less tangy lemon glaze- swap some of the lemon juice for milk.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: lemon, cake, bundt cake, buttermilk, dessert, cake