Lemon Garlic Salmon
- 1.5 pounds fresh wild caught salmon
- 3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Gather ingredients, baking sheet, aluminum foil, garlic press, knife to cut lemons.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay the salmon on the baking sheet with skin side down.
- Run your fingers over the top of the fish to feel for any bones the butcher may have missed and remove these bones if any are found.
- Using your hands, rub a tablespoon of olive oil over the entire fish making sure not to miss any spots.
- Wash hands.
- Salt and pepper salmon to desired amount.
- Mince the 2 cloves of garlic evenly on salmon. You can also very finely chopped the garlic into small garlic chips which I only recommend doing if you really LOVE garlic like me.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze half the lemon over top of salmon. You may squeeze the whole lemon if you want more lemon flavoring.
- Finely slice the other 2 lemons and cover the entire salmon evenly. Don't worry about covering the fish with foil on the top, the lemon will keep the salmon nice and moist through cooking.
- Put into oven for 20 minutes. If you bought a larger fish I would leave in the oven for 25 minutes. To check if salmon is done, put a fork in the middle and it should be slightly flakey.
- Salmon is ready to serve!
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes