Linguine with Zucchini is a simple side dish made with fresh zucchini, linguine, garlic, Italian seasonings, butter and mascarpone that is topped with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 small zucchinis or 2 large
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons mascarpone
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash and slice the zucchini. Cut the zucchini slices in halves. If your zucchini is large, you may want to quarter the slices so they are bite sized.
- Mince the garlic. (I used the pre-minced garlic today so I could skip this step)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Lightly salt the water and cook the linguine according to box instructions. Before the timer for pasta is up, take 1/2 cup of the water out and put to the side for later use. Strain the pasta once done cooking. Turn off burner.
- Place the butter in the hot pot that was just used to cook the pasta to let it melt. Add the Italian seasoning, mascarpone and cooked pasta back in.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up a non-stick pan on stovetop on a medium-high heat. Once hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Add the minced garlic and toss to fully mix. Cook for 3 minutes or until the zucchini is at your desired tenderness.
- Add the cooked zucchini to pasta along with the reserved pasta water. Stir well.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: pasta, zucchini, linguine