Loaded Turkey Chili Over Rice made in the crock-pot with lean ground turkey, corn, kidney beans, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno and seasoning.
- Rice, steamed
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 15 ounce can kernel corn, drained
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 x 16 ounce can kidney beans (can swap with chili beans or black beans)
- olive oil
- ground pepper
- Brown the ground turkey on the stove-top with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into crock-pot.
- Drain the beans and corn. Add to crock-pot.
- Add can of crushed tomatoes and diced. Do not drain.
- Chop the onion and bell peppers. Add to crock-pot.
- Finely chop the jalapeno and mince the garlic. Add to crock-pot.
- Add in envelope chili seasoning.
- Stir ingredients together and cook on low for at least 5 hours.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions as the chili is finishing up.
- Serve chili over steamed rice with toppings of choice.
- Category: dinner
- Method: crockpot