Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are a deliciously fun treat made with basic baking ingredients, peppermint extract, chocolate chunks and Andes chocolate mints.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 cups flour
- green food coloring (add as much or as you little food coloring as you would like)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup Andes mints, chopped
- Grab ingredients, measuring cups, baking sheet, 2 large mixing bowls, hand mixer or stand mixer, whisk, knife to chop chocolate, cutting board, spatula, and a cookie scoop.
- In one large bowl, add dry ingredients (except sugar): baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and flour. Whisk. Set to side.
- On the cutting board, chop your Andes mints and chocolate cut into small chunks. Set to the side.
- In a second large bowl: beat butter until creamy, then add sugar and eggs. Add your bowl of dry ingredients in increments and mix all together. Lastly, mix in the food coloring to desired amount.
- Add your chopped Andes mints and chocolate chunks. Use a spatula to mix well.
- Set in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cookie dough from fridge and scoop onto cookie sheet leaving space between.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Friday Cake Night.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: oven
Keywords: dessert, mint, saint patricks day, holiday, chocolate