Mocha Bombs are a fun and delicious way to enjoy a mocha made with instant espresso, hot cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips nestled into a sphere of dark chocolate that bursts open and melts when warm milk is poured over top.
- 10 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- 6 teaspoons instant espresso
- 6 Tablespoons hot cocoa powder (2 packets)
- 6 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- vanilla candy coating
- whipped cream
- Melt the Chocolate Wafers in 30 second intervals in microwave, stirring between until completely melted. I like to melt chocolate in a mug.
- Pour the melted chocolate in even portions into each sphere mold.
- Use the back of a spoon to manipulated the melted chocolate up the sides.
- Place the molds in the freezer for 20 minutes to set up before continuing to next step.
- Carefully release the chocolate from each mold leaving you with 12 half spheres.
- Set up a working station with your spheres, cocoa mix, espresso, mini chocolate chips and a hot plate. For your hot plate, microwave a ceramic plate for a minute or until it almost too hot to touch. Be careful!
- Work quickly to assemble each mold into a nice round sphere with all the delicious goodies inside.
- Place a half sphere onto the hot plate to even out the edge.
- Add 1 Tablespoon cocoa mix, 1 teaspoon instant espresso and 1 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips inside the half sphere.
- Grab another half sphere and place it on the hot plate until it is even and slightly melty. Put the two half spheres together.
- Repeat until all 6 spheres are complete.
- Finish off each sphere with a little decoration. Melt down some vanilla candy melts and drizzle over each sphere.
- To serve, place Mocha Bomb into a mug, pour 8 ounces hot milk over top. Stir well. Add whipped cream on top.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Microwave
Keywords: hot chocolate bomb, coffee, espresso, mocha, mocha bomb