Bacon and Sausage Brunch Casserole is a perfect Mother’s Day recipe made with Jimmy Dean® Regular Premium Pork Sausage, Wright® Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon, hash browns, eggs, onion, garlic, Mexican cheese and Roma tomatoes.
- 24 ounces Wright® Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 16 ounce Jimmy Dean® Regular Premium Pork Sausage
- 3/4 pound frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups Mexican cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- chives to garnish
- Finely chop half an onion, mince 2 garlic cloves, slice tomatoes and chop a few chives.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stovetop on medium heat, cook your Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon extra crispy, set to the side on paper towels.
- Dispose of bacon grease on the bottom of pan and place pan back on medium heat. Add Jimmy Dean Regular Premium Pork Sausage and brown meat. Place the sausage to the side in a bowl.
- Place pan back on stovetop and turn down heat a bit, add minced garlic and half a chopped onion. Stir for 2 minutes and set onion mix to the side in a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, salt, pepper, heavy cream, sour cream and cheese. Whisk thoroughly. Set to side.
- Assemble the casserole after spraying dish with non-stick spray.
- Place hash browns in the bottom layer. Use about 3/4 of a 1 pound bag. Add the cooked sausage, then the cooked onion. Spread out evenly.
- Add a layer of the cooked bacon slices followed by the egg mixture.
- Place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Add tomato slices and chives, cook another 10 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: brunch, breakfast, egg, bacon, sausage, egg