Nutter Butter Balls are a no-bake dessert made with Nutter Butter Cookies, cream cheese, milk chocolate and chopped peanuts. The easiest peanut butter balls you will ever make!
I have been doing A BUNCH of peanut butter desserts. I know it and no, I cannot help myself. Peanut butter and dessert just works so well and of course, peanut butter and chocolate is one of the perfect pairs in the food world. Fight me if you disagree.
These Nutter Butter Balls are basically a super easy peanut butter ball. They are really quick, super easy and only require a few ingredients to make a delicious dessert suitable for any occasion.
Nutter Butter Balls
Nutter Butter Balls have a creamy center with just the right amount of peanut buttery goodness covered in smooth milk chocolate and garnished with a few chopped peanuts to add a little texture.
You may also enjoy these peanut butter desserts:
- Gather the ingredients listed in the recipe card below.
- Dump all the cookies into a food processor and pulse into crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese. Blend until the cream cheese is incorporated thoroughly.
- Use a cookie scoop to get nice even portions and then roll each into a ball. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes so the balls can set up making them easier to dip.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 a microwavable safe container in 30 second increments stirring between each until completely melted. Make sure not to over melt because it can mess with the smoothness of the chocolate.
- Dip each ball. I like to use a fork to dip and then a knife to guide each dipped ball into parchment paper. Make sure to gently tap excess chocolate off each ball before placing onto the parchment paper. You just want a light, even layer of chocolate on each ball.
- Add chopped peanuts before the chocolate melts. Could I say the word ball anymore today? I think it is a record.
- Let the chocolate set up and then serve. Make sure to store in the refrigerator.
What Chocolate to Use
I like to use the milk chocolate wafers. They are made for melting and the milk chocolate is a great combination to the peanut butter. You can use dark chocolate or white chocolate if you prefer. You can substitute the wafers for a quality chocolate chopped up and melted with some shortening. 1/2 teaspoon shortening per 1 ounce of chocolate is a general ratio if you choose to do it this way.
Nutter Butter Balls are a no-bake dessert made with Nutter Butter Cookies, cream cheese, milk chocolate and chopped peanuts.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound package Nutter Butter Cookies
- 10 ounces milk chocolate melting wafers
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- Place entire package of Nutter Butter Cookies into food processor and pulse into crumbs.
- Add cream cheese, pulse again until fully mixed.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out each ball and then roll in the palm of your hands.
- Place balls into parchment and let cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate wafers in a microwavable safe container or mug in 30 second increments until melted. Stir chocolate between each increment.
- Dip each ball into chocolate and place back onto parchment paper. I like to use a fork and a knife to assist me in dipping.
- Immediately add chopped peanuts on top.
- Repeat process for each ball.
- Let set up and serve.
Store in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
Keywords: Peanut butter