OREO Funfetti Cookies are made with basic baking ingredients, sprinkles, Golden OREO Cookies and white chocolate chip cookies for a fun and colorful family treat.
Living with a three year old consists of a lot of dolls, talk about rainbows, unicorns, stuffed animals and loving anything super colorful. These OREO Funfetti Cookies are a big hit for the little one and tasty enough for the rest of the family to enjoy!
What is Funfetti?
Funfetti refers to those little rainbow sprinkles that everyone loves and it happens to just be a fun word. These rainbow sprinkles are made of sugar (duh) in bright artificial colors. A look back in history reveals that Pillsbury started the whole Funfetti movement back in the 1980’s when they introduced rainbow sprinkles in a cake mix and we have never looked back!
Source: New York Times
OREO Funfetti Cookies
OREO Funfetti Cookies take my favorite cookie batter base and adds in some white chocolate chips, rainbow sprinkles and Golden OREO cookies. You can absolutely swap white chocolate chips for milk chocolate and Golden OREO’s for regular OREO cookies depending on what you have on hand or at your local grocery.
Find what you need on Amazon
OREO Funfetti Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup Golden OREO Cookies chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together. Use a hand or stand mixer to beat until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs. Beat again.
- Add salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and add to batter. Use a hand or stand mixer to beat while slowly adding in the flour.
- Chop about 8 OREOS and fold into batter along with the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop to place batter onto baking sheet giving space between each cookie. You can also add a few more sprinkles and cookie pieces on top before baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.
What will make these delicious OREO Funfetti Cookies for? A birthday party? An after school treat? A fun surprise? Let me know in the comments below.