Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce are a tasty breakfast food made with my go-to simple pancake recipe topped with a sauce made from fresh strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, water and cornstarch.
- whipped cream
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Whisk together dry ingredients : flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Melt the butter and add to dry ingredients.
- Add egg and milk. Whisk again.
- Pre-heat griddle to 375 degrees. Grease griddle with butter.
- Measure out 1/4 cup pancake batter and place onto griddle. Repeat this for as many pancakes will fit on your griddle.
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip.
- Cook another 1 minutes, 30 seconds.
- Serve with strawberry sauce over top and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Wash, hull and dice strawberries. Add to a non-stick pan on a medium-low heat.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in.
- Add sugar to pan and half the water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining water and cornstarch. Add to pan. Whisk everything together and let sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve over pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Griddle
Keywords: Pancakes, Strawberry, Sauce, Syrup, Brunch