Pasta Aglio e Olio is a classic, simple pasta dish that can tossed together quickly made with loads of garlic, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, ground pepper, freshly squeezed lemon, olive oil and spaghetti.
- 1 pound spaghetti, dry
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ( can add more for more heat)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Make sure to reserve 1/4 cup pasta water for later use.
- As pasta finishes cooking, heat up a pan on the stove top on a medium heat.
- Thinly slice garlic cloves and chop the parsley. Set to the side.
- Add olive oil to the hot pan, followed by crushed red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and some ground pepper.
- Add the garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is nice and fragrant. Make certain not to burn the garlic in this step. I like to give the pan a few shakes so the seasoning and garlic cooks evenly and disperses flavor through the olive oil.
- Add lemon juice and pasta water. Stir and remove from heat.
- Add in the cooked and drained spaghetti, along with the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Toss all ingredients together.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Pasta, cheese