Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are a delicious lunchbox goody made with overripe bananas, egg, flour, sugar, butter and creamy peanut butter.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1 egg (large)
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (pecans or walnuts can be used)
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter (creamy for garnish )
- Smash 3 overripe bananas in a medium sized mixing bowl. You can use a potato masher or just a fork.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add egg, melted butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Whisk until batter is thoroughly mixed.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake wrappers or spray with nonstick oil/butter.
- Fill each wrapper 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool.
- In a small ramekin/ bowl, melt 2 Tablespoons peanut butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and drizzle a little over each muffin.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve.