Peanut Butter Dessert Dip is a simple dessert made with creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract garnished with some mini chocolate chips. Prefect decadent dip for some Nutter Butter or chocolate fudge cookies!
Peanut Butter Dessert Dip
Peanut Butter Dessert Dip is creamy and sweet and oh so peanut buttery. Always a big hit for any peanut butter dessert lover like myself! The simplicity of making this dip is a huge bonus when entertaining friends or when you just need a little dessert pick-me-up. Some chocolate dipped in peanut butter always boosts my mood!
What Does “Stiff Peak” mean in the instructions?
If this is your first time making whipped cream, it is very simple. The biggest tip to share is to place your bowl and beaters/whisk into the freezer to chill before creating. Beat the heavy cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract to a stiff peak. A stiff peak means the mixture is really fluffy and will stand up firmly on its own when the beaters are lifted. You don’t want it to flop over but rather hold shape. This is when you know it is complete.
“What Should I serve this dip with”?
I like serving Peanut Butter Dessert Dip with peanut butter Nutter Butters and some chocolate fudge cookies. You cannot have too much peanut butter and chocolate as it may be the perfect combination. However, any type of cookie will pair well (your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe perhaps) or even some fresh sliced apples if you want to feel a bit healthier with dessert.Print
Peanut Butter Dessert Dip is a simple dessert made with creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract garnished with some mini chocolate chips. Prefect decadent dip for some Butter Butter or chocolate fudge cookies!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips garnish
- Place beaters/whisks and a mixing bowl into the freezer to chill.
- Put the cream cheese out on counter for about an hour to soften.
- Once cream cheese is softened, use a second mixing bowl and a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and peanut butter together until smooth and creamy. Put bowl to the side.
- Remove the chilled mixing bowl and beaters/whisks from freezer and add heavy cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Beat to a stiff peak (see post for explanation) to create a whipped cream.
- Combined the whipped cream to the cream cheese and peanut butter bowl.
- Place dip into a bowl and add some mini chocolate chips on top to garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Leftover dip needs refrigerated. Note that the dip will firm up when chilled.
Are you a peanut butter dessert lover? Let me know about some of your favorite simple peanut buttery treats in the comments below.