Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bark is a really quick and simple treat made with dark chocolate, peanut butter baking chips and crunchy peanuts sprinkled over top.
It is already November which means it is time to start thinking about that Thanksgiving and Christmas crave! Creating some delicious desserts are a must this season. This Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bark recipe is being shared today for a dessert that can be whipped up real quick in a pinch. With all that holiday craziness happening, sometimes that super quick treat is just what is needed. Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bark would be perfect for a holiday work pot luck or as an addition to a beautiful dessert table.
What You Need
You only need 3 ingredients and a few supplies to make this Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bark.
- Dark Chocolate. You can use either baking chips or chop up chocolate bars.
- Peanut Butter Baking Chips.
- Dry Roasted Peanuts. Either salted or unsalted will work.
- Parchment Paper.
- Baking Sheet.
- Knife to chop peanuts.
- Skewer to create the swirl pattern. A knife can also be used.
Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bark
Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bark has a slightly sweet, almost bitter dark chocolate base with a creamy peanut buttery swirl throughout. Chopped peanuts add a little salt and nice crunch with each bite.
Start with the preparation. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, chop the peanuts and grab a skewer. Then, melt the chocolate and peanut butter baking chips. I just put my chocolate and peanut butter baking chips in large coffee mugs and microwave each in 30 second increments making sure to stir between each increment. Do this until everything is melted.
Once the chocolate and peanut butter baking chips are melted, create the chocolate bark. Pour the melted dark chocolate over the parchment paper and use a spatula to spread it out evenly at 1/4 inch thickness. Immediately spoon the melted peanut butter baking chips over the chocolate in four stripes. Take the skewer (or knife) and create your swirl pattern. I just go back and forth opposite the direction of the peanut butter stripes. You can swirl in circles or however you please though. Before the chocolate begins to harden, sprinkle the chopped peanuts over top and place into fridge to chill before breaking apart into sections and serving.
Tips & Tricks
Once the chocolate and peanut butter chips are melted, you need to move quickly so it is best to have everything set up in advance. Place the parchment paper out on the baking sheet, have a skewer on the side ready to use and melt both the chocolate and peanut butter at the same time. This preparation will make this dessert easy peasy.
Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bark
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chips or bar
- 1 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- Chop peanuts. If using a chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips, chop into pieces.
- Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in separate microwavable safe bowls or glasses. I like to use large coffee mugs. Melt in 30 seconds increments, stir between each until both are melted.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate onto the parchment covered baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a spoon to place the melted peanut butter chips on top in 4 lines.
- Immediately take a knife or skewer to create the swirl pattern with the peanut butter.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over top.
- Chill for 15 minutes, break into 16 pieces and serve.