Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes are creamy potatoes made with Russet potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper for the must-have side dish for any holiday gathering.
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more in boiling water)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk (optional)
- green onion (garnish)
- Wash, peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Place in a large pot and fill with water. Salt the water generously.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook for about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and place back into the large pot or a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, cream cheese and sour cream. Use a hand mixer to beat until the potatoes are smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (I use one teaspoon each) and if you want thinner potatoes add about 1/4 cup milk (more if your prefer). Beat again.
- Serve. You can garnish with parsley or green onion.
- Category: Side Dish