Pesto Linguine with Cajun Trout and Roasted Tomatoes is a simply made family dinner made with a pesto mixed into linguine pasta and topped with a nicely seasoned trout and fresh roasted tomatoes.
- 1 pound linguine
- 1– 1 1/2 pounds trout (salmon can be also be used)
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes
- 6.7 ounce jar pesto
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- olive oil
Cajun Trout with Roasted Tomatoes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place trout on foil and set in middle of a baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and season with the Cajun seasoning.
- Rinse tomatoes and place on the baking sheet around the trout. Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes or until the fish reaches a temperature of 145.
- While preparing the fish, boil a pot of water on the stovetop. Cook linguine according to the instructions on the box. Make sure to reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Drain the pasta and place back into the pot (off the heat). Add pesto and the reserved pasta water and stir until the pesto is covering all the pasta.
- Place some pesto linguine in a bowl and add roasted tomatoes and a portion of the trout on top.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
Keywords: trout, salmon, cajun, pesto, dinner, pasta, linguine, Aldi