Potatoes with Chorizo is made with diced russet potatoes, red bell peppers, onion, taco seasoning and Mexican chorizo topped with a sunny-side up egg.
- 2 large Russet potatoes, diced (6 cups worth)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning
- olive oil
- ground pepper
- 1 pound chorizo
- 6 eggs
- non-stick cooking spray
Garnish and Additions (optional)
- hot sauce
- green onion
- fresh avocado or guacamole
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash produce.
- Dice potatoes (skin on), bell pepper and onion.
- Place just the diced potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and mix in with potatoes well.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add in the diced onion and bell pepper. Stir and bake another 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when a fork is inserted.
- As the potatoes finish cooking, cook chorizo on the stovetop on a medium-high heat in a skillet. If chorizo is in casings, remove from casings and cook until browned throughout which should take about 6 minutes.
- Place chorizo onto a plate to the side, wipe pan clean and spray with nonstick spray and place pan back onto heat turning down to medium.
- Crack each egg and add to pan cooking until whites are set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add a heap of potatoes to a plate topped with chorizo and an egg. Green onion, hot sauce, fresh lime and avocado are also great additions.
- Category: Mexican
Keywords: chorizo, pork, breakfast, brunch, taco, papas, potatoes,