Pressure Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast is a family favorite dinner made with a roast, ranch seasoning, au jus gravy seasoning, butter and pepperoncinis that can easily be made in the pressure cooker or a crock-pot.
- 2 pound chuck roast (rump can be used)
- 1 ounce au jus gravy packet
- 1 ounce Ranch seasoning packet
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6–8 pepperoncini (sliced)
- 1 cup beef broth (low sodium)
- olive oil
- ground pepper
- parsley (optional garnish )
- Salt and pepper all sides of roast.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in the bottom of the pressure cooker on a medium-high heat. Place roast inside and sear each side for about 3 minutes.
- Remove roast. Deglaze the bottom of the pressure by adding 1 cup beef broth and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon. Place the roast back in.
- Add packet of Ranch, packet of au jus and stick of butter.
- Slice 6-8 pepperoncinis and place on top of roast.
- Cook for 60 minutes.
- Depressurize and release lid. Shred meat. If the meat does not shred easily, cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, in a sandwich, on the side of roasted vegetables or however you please.
- Category: dinner