Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball is a fun Halloween appetizer made with cream cheese, bell pepper, shallot, jalapeño and garlic powder rolled in crunched up Nacho Cheese Doritos and shaped into a pumpkin.
- 1 cup Doritos Nacho Cheese, (crumbled)
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, (shredded)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 shallot, (finely diced)
- 1 jalapeño, (finely diced**)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 yellow bell pepper, (chopped (save stem))
- tortilla chips
- In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add shredded cheese and garlic powder. Beat again.
- Finely dice the shallot, bell pepper and jalapeño. Stir into cream cheese. Remember to save the stem from bell pepper for later.
- Place mixture onto some plastic wrap and form a ball. When a nice circular ball is formed, close up the plastic wrap around the ball.
- Place 3 rubber bands around the ball to make indention that looks like a real pumpkin.
- Place in fridge and chill for about 3 hours.
- Remove the rubber bands ad plastic wrap. Crunch up Doritos and lightly pat it around the cheese ball.
- Place the bell pepper stem on top of cheese ball and serve with tortilla chips.
** can remove seeds from jalapeño or leave seeds in for a spicier cheese ball. For extra flavor use 2 jalapeños. One without seeds and one with.
- Category: Appetizer, snacks