Raspberry Danish is flaky with a creamy cheesecake filling and sweet fresh raspberries drizzled with icing.
- 2 pastry rolls (premade in the frozen foods section or homemade)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, 1 egg (I use just the white), 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon lemon, and 1/3 cup sugar. Use a hand or stand mixer to mix ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Lay out your pastry sheets and cut into squares using a pastry/pizza cutter. 2 pastry sheets will give you 12.
- Fold in the sides of each square towards the center and pinch it to hold. Repeat until all 12 are complete.
- Add a spoonful of cream cheese filling to each the center of each pastry.
- Add 3 fresh raspberries to each and sprinkle sliced almonds over the top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until they just begin to get a golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- As the pastries cook, you can whip up your icing. Whisk together the confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Drizzle the icing on top of Danish and serve!
- Category: Breakfast, brunch