Rosemary Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes are made with sweet potatoes, fresh rosemary, maple syrup and butter for a delicious holiday side dish.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup high quality maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- milk (if needed)
- Wash, peel and chop sweet potatoes.
- Place chopped potatoes into a pot and fill with water.
- Bring to a boil on the stovetop and let boil for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes.
- Finely chop 1 Tablespoon worth of rosemary.
- In a microwavable safe bowl, add syrup, salt, butter and rosemary.
- Microwave butter mixture for 40 seconds, whisk and then pour over potatoes.
- Mash potatoes again to fully mix in butter mixture.
- Add a little milk IF NEEDED to create desired consistency.
- Note that milk may not be needed. Use it only to create your desired consistency of potatoes. OR swap some of the butter for milk to lighten up the dish a bit.
- A high quality maple syrup is recommended for this recipe.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: potatoes, holiday, sweet potatoes, side dish