Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is delicious mix of milk chocolate chips, caramel sauce, sea salt, heavy cream, and whole milk topped with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle of caramel. Stove top and crock pot instructions given!
My son is a huge fan of the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks. I decided instead of paying that coffeehouse price to try it at home. Let me tell you, this hot beverage is a huge hit and amazing treat for the entire family on a chilly day. Thank you Starbucks for this recipe inspiration!
You may also enjoy this Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate for another great hot chocolate option!
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is thick and super creamy with loads of chocolate and sweet caramel flavor. The cool whipped cream is perfect on top and an extra drizzle of caramel sauce just seems necessary! This chocolaty treat is decadent and warms up the body in cold weather. You will want to curl up in a fuzzy blanket by the fireplace with mug of this hot chocolate in hand.
Tips & Tricks
Cook How You Want
Cook this on the stove top or in the crock-pot! I personally love the slow cooker because you can just toss the ingredients in and venture out to the pumpkin patch or go sledding with the kids on a snowy day (hey, snow is coming quick!) and walk into the house with something to warm the bellies.
I love to top this Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate with caramel sauce and whipped cream. You can also do a sprinkle of sea salt if you are a salt person, mini chocolate chips or chocolate syrup. Another great topping are those little chunks of chocolate which can be achieved by simply taking a zester to a bar of chocolate.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is delicious mix of milk chocolate chips, caramel sauce, sea salt, heavy cream, and whole milk topped with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle of caramel.
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- Place all ingredients into the pan and place on a medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Use the whisk to blend the mixture until creamy, smooth and the chocolate is completely melted.
- Serve salted caramel hot chocolate in your favorite mug, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. You can also garnish with extra sea salt and extra chocolate.
- Place ingredients into crock-pot and cook on low for about 2 hours or until the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk well and serve with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Category: drink