Sausage and Broccoli Pasta with Lemon is made with garlic, butter, red pepper flakes, grated Parmesan cheese, pasta, fresh lemon juice, broccoli and ground Italian sausage.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Casarecce pasta (bow tie would also work)
- 1 lemon
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Chop the florets of broccoli into bite sized pieces. Set to the side.
- Squeeze juice from lemon and set to side.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Make sure there will be room for both pasta and the broccoli.
- Add pasta and cook according to instructions on box/bag.
- The remaining 6 minutes of pasta cook time, add in the chopped broccoli. Boil broccoli 7 minutes of you like it more tender.
- Remove 1/3 cup of the pasta water for later before straining. Strain pasta and broccoli.
- As the pasta is cooking, add the ground Italian sausage to a large skillet pan on a medium-high heat. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little extra heat and flavor. Chop and brown the meat.
- Push the meat to one side of the pan and add the butter in that open spot to melt.
- Add garlic and let cook for 1 minute or until the garlic becomes fragrant and then mix garlic in with meat.
- Remove pan from heat, add in the reserved pasta water and lemon juice. Stir.
- Add the strained pasta and broccoli. Stir.
- Pour cheese over top and another sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: pasta, broccoli, Italian sausage, Aldi, butter, cheese, lemon