Southwest Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is a breakfast packed with spicy chorizo, red and green bell pepper, yellow onion, eggs, tater tots and cheese.
- 1 pound chorizo, (mild or hot)
- 1 green bell pepper, (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper, (diced)
- 1/2 yellow onion, (diced)
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, (shredded)
- 1 pound tater tots, (frozen)
- parsley or cilantro
- hot sauce
- Gather ingredients, cutting board, knife, pan, 2.5 quart casserole dish, aluminum foil, mixing bowl, whisk, measuring cup and kitchen utensils.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice the bell peppers and onion.
- On stove top, brown the chorizo.
- Drain the excess fat from chorizo and then place into casserole dish.
- Mix in the diced bell peppers and onion.
- In the mixing bowl add 10 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk well and add to casserole dish.
- Layer the tater tots on top of the casserole, followed by shredded cheese.
- Cover casserole with aluminum foil and cook in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove foil cover, let cook another 10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve with some fresh parsley or any other toppings you want!
- Category: Breakfast