Sparkling Cranberries White Chocolate Cheesecake is a gorgeous holiday dessert. I love, love, love cheesecake and if you have followed me for awhile you probably have noticed this fact. The white chocolate cheesecake is so simple and has minimal ingredients with a nice homemade graham cracker crust that is amazing on its own. Add in the sparkling cranberries that are juicy and sweet for that ideal treat for a holiday party.
I feel like the photos don’t even show you how pretty this cheesecake even is. The sparkling cranberries are so fun and sparkle so beautifully. You can arrange the sparkling cranberries however you please or even have them set into a pretty bowl on the side for everyone to add their own or even just snack on like my children love to do. You can use these cranberries for other recipes, too. They look amazing in holiday drinks. You can even serve a simple vodka cranberry or kid friendly punch with sparkling cranberries for a garnishment.
The trick to a perfect cheesecake is simple. Make sure the cream cheese has been sitting out a little bit to warm up before mixing so it turns out smooth and doesn’t have any chunks in it. Also, wrap the edges in foil to avoid burning in the oven.Print
Sparkling Cranberries White Chocolate Cheesecake is a gorgeous holiday dessert.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar, fine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fine sugar
White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 pounds cream cheese, 4 full fat blocks
- 16 ounces white chocolate for baking
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons room temperature butter
- Gather ingredients, 4 mixing bowls, hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, large ziplock bag, pot and springform pan.
- Let the cream cheese and butter stay out for an hour to get it close to room temperature.
- Start the simple syrup for the cranberries. In the pot, add 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water and heat until sugar is dissolved. Set to the side for 5 minutes, then add the cup of cranberries. Let cranberries sit for at least 2 hours. I let them soak overnight while the cheesecake chills.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the large ziplock bag, place one sleeve of graham crackers. You can use anything to paddle the bag to break up the graham cracker. We use a rolling pin.
- Place crumbs (1 1/4 cup) in the bowl with 6 tablespoons of room temperature butter and 1/4 cup of sugar. Mix with hands and place into the springform pan. Work the crumb mixture until nice and even. You can just put the graham crust on the bottom of the pan or you can also come up the sides.
- Start the cheesecake mixture. Add 2 pounds of cream cheese (room temperature), 3/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together and use your hand mixer to make creamy and consistent.
- Melt your white chocolate. I do this by microwaving for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between intervals until it is completely melted. Add the melted chocolate to cream cheese mixture and blend well.
- Add one egg at a time and blend until everything is creamy. Add this mixture on top of crust.
- Cook cheesecake for one hour. Take a knife to loosen the cheesecake from the side of the pan.
- Refrigerate for minimum of 4 hours, although I just let it sit overnight. Release from springform pan.
- Drain the cranberries. Put 1 cup of fine sugar into a bowl and add a handful of cranberries at a time. Shake the bowl to get the sugar to coat each cranberry and then put to the side and repeat until all cranberries are complete. I recommend the fine sugar for this step because it will coat the cranberry much better than a regular granulated sugar that you use for baking.
- Decorate the cheesecake with the sparkling cranberries and serve.
A water bath may be used.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven