Spicy Ramen Noodle Soup is made with fresh carrots, bok choy, onion, garlic, ginger, broth, sriracha, ramen noodles, chicken and topped with a Great Day Farms Hard-Boiled Egg for a family dinner packed full of goodness.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (plus more for cooking chicken)
- 3 garlic clvoes (minced)
- 1 inch piece ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cups bok choy (chopped)
- 32 ounces low-sodium beef broth (may substitute chicken or vegetable broth)
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 9.5 ounces ramen noodles ((3 bundles))
- 4 Great Day Farms Hard-Boiled Eggs (cut in halves)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- optional red pepper flakes, cracked peppercorn, cilantro, sliced lime
- Start by cooking a chicken breast. Filet the breast and cook on a hot pan on the stove top with some olive oil for 7 minutes each side. Season with salt and pepper. Let rest and slice very thin. You may use leftover chicken breast.
- As the chicken cooks, prep all the vegetables and soup ingredients.
- Place a stockpot on the stove top on a medium high heat. Once the pot is hot, add a Tablespoon of olive oil with the chopped carrots and onion. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir often.
- Add minced garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chopped bok choy and cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add 32 ounces broth ad 4 cups water. Bring to boil as you add in 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 Tablespoon sriracha. For extra kick, add an extra 1/2 Tablespoon sriracha.
- Once the broth is at a rolling boil, add in the ramen noodles for 4 minutes or as instructed on the package instructions.
- Serve. Build the Spicy Ramen Noodle Soup bowls by adding in some ramen noodles and broth. I like minimal broth- my kids love lots of broth. Make sure to get carrots and bok choy in each bowl. Top each bowl with some sliced chicken and a Great Day Farms Hard-Boiled Egg. Add some green onions and anything else you would like. I did a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and a lime slice added over top.