St Patrick’s Day Hot Chocolate Bombs are made with hot cocoa mix, milk chocolate melting wafers, green candy melts, sprinkles and Lucky Charms marshmallows made into a sphere that burst open in hot milk.
- 12 Tablespoons hot cocoa mix (2 Tablespoons per hot chocolate bomb)
- 10 ounces milk chocolate melting wafers
- 6 ounces green candy melts (1/2 bag)
- Lucky Charms marshmallows
- whipped cream
- 48 ounces milk (8 ounces per chocolate bomb)
- Melt the Chocolate Wafers in 30 second intervals, stirring between until completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate in even portions into each sphere mold.
- Use the back of a spoon to manipulated the melted chocolate up the sides.
- Place the molds in the freezer for 20 minutes to set up before continuing to next step.
- Carefully release the chocolate from each mold leaving you with 12 half spheres.
- Set up a working station with your spheres, cocoa mix, sprinkles, marshmallows and a hot plate. For your hot plate, microwave a ceramic plate for a minute or until it almost too hot to touch. Be careful!
- Work quickly to assemble each mold into a nice round sphere with all the delicious goodies inside.
- Place a half sphere onto the hot plate to even out the edge.
- Add 2 Tablespoons cocoa mix, some sprinkles and 8 marshmallows inside the half sphere.
- Grab another half sphere and place it on the hot plate until it is even and slightly melty. Put the two half spheres together.
- Repeat until all 6 spheres are complete.
- Finish off each sphere with a little decoration. Melt down some green candy melts and drizzle over each sphere. Immediately add a pinch of sprinkles to each and a marshmallow on top.
- To serve, place St Patricks Day Hot Chocolate Bomb into a mug, pour 8 ounces hot milk over top. Stir well. Add whipped cream on top.
- Category: Drink
Keywords: hot chocolate bombs, hot cocoa bombs, hot cocoa, hot chocolate, chocolate drink, chocolate dessert, St Patricks Day