This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAdd7UP
One of my favorite holidays is almost here! St Patrick’s Day is on March 17th and we are throwing a party! What makes this one of my favorite holidays? It is all about fun times with friends, decorations, food and drink. 7UP® is helping me take this party over the top with a 7UP Green Apple Lemonade Spritzer that is child friendly, plus, there’s an adult version, if needed. I am also baking some St Patty’s 7UP Cupcakes made from 7UP with a lemon lime frosting. I love the versatility of 7UP for special occasions like this. Kid friendly, adult approved and multi functional. Yes, please! Get this party started.
First task on the list to create an awesome St Patrick’s Day party is stopping by Walmart to pick up all your food, drink and party supplies. Here is a checklist of what we are looking for:
- 7UP® 12oz. 12-pack or 12oz. 8-pack found on the beverage aisle. I like buying both cans and bottles since the kids do better with lids that you can close. No spills makes for a happy party host.
- 7UP Green Apple Lemonade Spritzer ingredients also needed: Lemonade, 7UP, sour apple mix, green food dye, lemons, limes, green apples, green dye and ice.
- St Patty’s 7UP Cupcake ingredients: boxed white cake mix, eggs, unsalted butter, vegetable shortening, green food coloring, sugar, 7UP, lemon juice, lime juice, frosting bags, large frosting tip, and powdered sugar.
- Party must haves: Plates, napkins, cups, straws and pitcher. Think green!
- St Patrick’s Day decorations: Tablecloth, banner, cupcake sprinkles and liners. Plus, any décor to bring your table to life. I found these party balls and coins to add a little extra fun. Think about shamrocks and green! Lot’s of green. You cannot have too much green today.
Once you have your Walmart list completed, it is time to set up your beverage and dessert table. Lay out the tablecloth on your table or kitchen island and place the fun banner overhead so everyone knows where the fun starts when they walk in. This task is something I like to do the night before so I can see how everything will look, make sure I did not forget something important like cups (oh boy! been there) and gives me more time to mix drinks and bake the day of the party. Plus, I will be busy the day of the party throwing on all my green gear and telling myself I can totally pull off the green eye shadow. I can, right?
The night before or morning of party, start baking your St. Patty’s 7UP Cupcakes. These cupcakes are from a white cake box mix, if you can believe it. With a stand or hand mixer, add 1 box cake mix, 1/3 cup unsalted butter, and 1.25 cups 7UP. In a small bowl, whisk 3 egg whites. Add egg whites, mixing all ingredients together until creamy and thoroughly mixed. Add your green food coloring and stir in. I used about 20 drops of food dye but eye ball it and add as much or as little as you like. Line your cupcake pan with your fun St Patty’s Day cupcake liners. Fill liners 3/4 full with cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before frosting. This will make 24 cupcakes.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1.25 cup 7UP
- green food coloring
Before the party guests arrive, complete your cupcakes. Use your stand or hand mixer, add .5 cup butter, .5 cup vegetable shortening, .25 cup 7UP, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 cups powdered sugar. Mix completely. Add in the other 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until creamy. Stir in your green food coloring. Just like the cake mix, add the desired amount of food coloring. I put in about 15 drops of dye today. Put the frosting in the fridge for 20 minutes and then transfer into a frosting bag with a large frosting tip. Frost each cupcake. Garnish your cupcakes with sprinkles, cupcake toppers or whatever fun decorations you bought. A coin on top would also be a great idea!
- .5 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- .5 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup 7UP (add slowly so you don’t thin out the frosting too much)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- green food coloring
Right before your guests are due, mix up the refreshments! 7UP Green Apple Lemonade Spritzers are so fun and easy to make. This drink has a little tang and sour apple twist. Grab a cutting board and knife to thinly slice your lemon, lime and apple. Add the fruit slices to the pitcher with ice. Add 3 cups lemonade, 1.5 cups green apple mixer and just a few drops green food coloring. It is St Patty’s Day and we are going green to the max! Mix a little to blend the food coloring. Top off pitcher with 3 cups 7UP.
- 1.5 cup green apple mixer
- 3 cups 7UP
- 3 cups lemonade
- green food coloring
- green apple
Need an alcoholic adult version of the 7up Green Apple Lemonade Spritzer? No problem. Add 1.5 ounces vodka per cup.
Your St Patty’s 7 UP Cupcakes look fabulous and 7up Green Apple Lemonade Spritzer is on ice and ready for guests. Designate a children’s area if children will be attending the party with a few toys and coloring books. Turn on some music, double check that green eye shadow and get ready to party!