St. Patrick’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn is a simple holiday treat made with popcorn, marshmallows, festive sprinkles and white chocolate. Free printable included below to turn this delicious snack into Leprechaun Bait!
St. Patrick’s is all about the green beer, YES but it is also the perfect time of year for bright creative snacks when you have young kids. Bring on all the bright green cupcakes, rainbow inspired desserts and shamrock shakes. While enjoying all the fun this holiday offers, you can also teach your children about the origin of the date as it pertains to religion and history of Ireland. Visit Wikipedia HERE as an educational source on St. Patrick’s Day so you can share the knowledge with your children.
St. Patrick’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn
St. Patrick’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn is sweet and chocolatey. Marshmallows and sprinkles add a layer of texture and fun! Each little Lucky Charms marshmallow is like finding a treasure of unicorns, rainbows, clouds, hearts and more making it a fantastic snack for kids on St. Patrick’s Day.
You may also enjoy these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Leprechauns love snacks too. Create goodie bags of Leprechaun Bait using snack sized Ziploc bags and my free printable (below). Simply print out needed amount of pages, cut out each design and fold in half. Staple to the top of each St. Patrick’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn filled snack bag. Perfect for kids to share with classmates for school parties or as an after school dessert.
Get your FREE printable
Click HERE and print!
St. Patrick’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn is a simple holiday treat made with popcorn, marshmallows, festive sprinkles and white chocolate.
- 1 bag popcorn, popped
- 6 ounces white chocolate candy melts
- 1/3 cup sprinkles ( I did a mix of rainbow jimmies and green shamrocks)
- 1 cup marshmallows taken from box of Lucky Charms cereal
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave according to box directions.
- Place some parchment out on a baking sheet and spread the popcorn out. Remove any kernels.
- Melt the chocolate by placing in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and cook another 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate and pour over popcorn.
- This is hot so be careful! Mix the popcorn and chocolate together.
- Place the sprinkles and marshmallows on top of popcorn and mix everything together.
- Let set and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
Keywords: Dessert, holiday, St. Patricks Day, popcorn, snack, free printable