Steak with Rosemary Garlic Sauce
- 1.5 pounds steak (we went with petite sirloin today)
- 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely chop 1 shallot, 2 tablespoons worth of rosemary and 3 garlic cloves. Cut your lemon in half. Put to side for later.
- Place steaks on the grill on a medium heat.
- Cook until browned, 4-5 minutes, and flip.
- Cook another 3-10 minutes depending on how well done you like your steak. We typically do 5 minute each side. A few extra minutes for the kids steak.
- Make your sauce. In a saucepan on a medium heat, add your chopped shallots and 1 tablespoon butter. Mix often for 2 minutes.
- Add your garlic, rosemary, olive oil and squeeze the lemon. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add half cup of the beef broth. Simmer.
- In a small bowl, place the remainder of the beef broth (1/4 cup) and 1 tablespoon flour and mix well. Pour into the saucepan.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients until it thickens.
- Drizzle the rosemary garlic sauce over the steaks and serve.