Strawberry and NILLA Wafer Layered Cheesecake
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 box NILLA Wafers
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages of 8 ounce cream cheese blocks, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- Grab a 9 inch spring form pan, stand or hand mixer, measuring cups, mixing bowls, cutting board, knife, food processor, foil and water bath (optional).
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put 2 cups worth of NILLA Wafers into the food processor and pulse until broken into tiny pieces. Place crumbs into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the 1/3 cup melted butter with crumbs, mix and pour into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Press the crumbs down slightly to even out the crust.
- From your quart of strawberries, grab 3 pretty strawberries that will stand up nicely for those strawberry flowers. Slice the remainder of strawberries. Line strawberry slices around the edge of the spring form pan. Save remainder of strawberries for later.
- Now make your cheesecake filling. Place 4 packages of cream cheese into large mixing bowl, along with 1 cup sugar. Using your stand or hand mixer, blend until smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 4 eggs to cream cheese mixture and blend until creamy and smooth, leaving no cream cheese chunks.
- Pour half the cream cheese mixture into the spring form pan.
- Place a layer of sliced strawberries on top of cheesecake filling.
- Place a layer of NILLA Wafers on top of the strawberry layer.
- Pour the remainder of your cheesecake on top. Cover with foil.
- Place cheesecake in oven in a water bath (optional).
- Cook for 1 hour. Remove foil cover and cook another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, take a butter knife and do a sweep of the outside edges of the cheesecake/spring form pan and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from fridge and release from the spring form pan.
- With the 3 whole strawberries that you picked out the quart earlier, make your strawberry flowers.
- Finish decorating the cheesecake. You can do whatever you please on top. I did a circle of NILLA Wafers, a circle of sliced strawberries with 3 strawberry flowers.