Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins are made with old fashioned oats, overripe bananas, fresh strawberries, cinnamon and basic baking ingredients.
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large bananas (overripe )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup strawberries (hulled and diced)
- 1 Tablespoon flour (mixed with strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line or use cooking spray in your muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened butter, 2 bananas and half cup brown sugar. Using the hand or stand mixer, mix for a minute.
- Add 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder and mix another minute.
- Wash, hull and dice strawberries. Toss in a separate bowl with 1 Tablespoon flour to coat well.
- Stir in the cup of oats and strawberry mix into muffin mix and pour into muffin pan.
- Sprinkle a few oats on top to garnish if you please.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes. I find 17 minutes to be perfect for my oven. You want them fully cooked and just beginning to brown on the tops.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Snack