Strawberry Lemonade is made with fresh strawberries, lemons, honey and a little sugar for a refreshing beverage this summer.
The weather is heating up and summer is coming! I love summer. I love the sunshine, the heat, flip flops and swimming with the kids. Most of all though, I love lounging outside and enjoying time with friends and family. This beverage is the perfect lounging outside on a hot day kind of drink.
Strawberry Lemonade is both sweet and tart with a strong flavor of strawberry that is just so delicious. This is a great non-alcoholic beverage for the family or you can add a shot of vodka to make it an adult beverage after a long, hot summer day.
Tips & Tricks
You can use a sieve to strain the blended strawberries to remove the seeds and pulp. This is an optional step but I find when you are having a gathering, it is best to strain because not everyone likes pulp. Plus, the step is simple and only takes a minute.
You can make this lemonade as sweet as you like. You will need some sugar to cut back on the tartness of the lemons. Strawberries already have a lot of natural sugar and honey is also added so 1/4 cup to 1/2 extra sugar should be plenty.
- 1 pound strawberries hulled
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice aprox 7 lemons
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- lemon slices garnish
- mint garnish
- Wash and hull the strawberries and juice the lemons.
- Place strawberries, honey and lemon juice into blender. Blend well.
- Send mixture through a sieve to strain or add directly to a pitcher of ice. Add 6 cups water.
- Add sugar to taste. I like it with 1/2 cup but you can add less or more depending on your personal taste.
- Add lemon slices and mint to garnish. Stir well and serve.
What is your favorite part about summer? Let me know in the comments below.