Supreme Pizza Braid is a family friendly recipe made with Italian sausage, pepperoni, pizza sauce, green bell peppers, black olives, red onion and mozzarella cheese all stuffed in a Jus-Rol™ Family Size Pizza Crust topped with a garlic-parsley butter.
- Jus-Rol™ Family Size Pizza Crust
- 8 ounces ground Italian sausage
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On the stovetop, minced and brown the Italian sausage. Place to side.
- Remove the Jus-Rol™ Family Size Pizza Crust from the refrigerator. Remove from bag and roll it out on the packaged baking paper dough side up.
- Place the dough vertical to you and visualize it in even thirds. The center will have the fillings and the outsides will be “braided”. Use a pizza cutter to cut one inch horizontal strips on just the outsides. (Helps to look at the images in post)
- In the uncut center portion, fill with pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, diced green bell peppers, sliced black olives, diced red onion and pizza sauce. Measurements are approximate so add as little or much of each ingredient as you wish.
- Sprinkle heaps of shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Start at the end nearest you and begin to fold over each strip to its opposite side. Continue doing until all strips have been folded over creating a braid.
- In a small ramekin, place the butter with minced garlic and parsley to create an easy garlic-parsley butter. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds to soften butter. Stir and brush over top of pizza braid.
- Place the braid with the baking paper still on bottom onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
Try a pizza sauce for dipping on the side!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Pizza, dough, sausage, pepperoni