Taco Chili is made with lean ground beef, beans, onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce, salsa and taco seasoning in just under 30 minutes for a comforting family meal.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper , diced (can of corn may be substituted)
- 2 x 15.5 ounce cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 ounce envelope taco seasoning
Toppings (you pick)
- shredded cheese
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- Dice the bell pepper and onion.
- Brown the meat on the stovetop. If not using a non-stick pan, a drizzle of olive oil my be needed to avoid sticking.
- Add diced onion and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add diced bell pepper, black beans, salsa, tomato sauce and taco seasoning, Stir and bring to a low simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
- 1 can of corn (drained) may be substituted for the bell pepper
- if using a ground beef with higher fat content, I recommend draining after browning
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: taco soup, taco chili, soup, chili, dinner, Aldi