Taco Zucchini Boats are made low carb with ground beef, seasonings and black beans nestled into a zucchini and topped with red onion, queso fresco cheese and cilantro.
Spicy Ground Beef
- 1 pound ground beef (lean)
- olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3 zucchinis
- 3/4 cup black beans
- Spicy Ground Beef
- non-stick spray
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- sour cream
- cilantro (garnish)
- Heat a nonstick skillet on the stove top on a medium-high heat. Drizzle the pan with olive and add the ground beef. Break up the ground beef into equal pieces until browned.
- Drain meat and return to pan with 1 Tablespoon water and all the Spicy Ground Beef seasonings. Stir until water is absorbed.
- Stir in the black beans.
- Wash, dry and cut zucchinis lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp center to create a boat. Place the boats in a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Fill each zucchini boat with the spicy ground beef and black bean mixture.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat and add toppings: diced red onion, fresh cilantro, cheese and a drizzle of sour cream.
Kidney beans have lower carbohydrates than black beans. Black soybeans are also a good swap for those on a low carb or keto diet.
- Category: dinner