This Blackberry Mojito is a refreshing drink for summertime made with rum, fresh blackberries, mint, lime, sugar and seltzer water.
This HOT weather calls for some COLD beverages! This Blackberry Mojito hits the mark if you are lounging by the pool on the weekend or just enjoying a cocktail on the front porch after work.
What’s a Mojito
A mojito is a classic Cuban cocktail made with rum, sugar, lime, mint and soda water. The fresh mint and lime juice is gently muddled to release the aroma and delicious flavors that are then able to infuse with the rum. Fill the glass with crushed ice to stay extra cold!
Blackberry Mojito is a classic mojito with added fresh blackberries for extra flavor and beautiful color. Did I mention this cocktail is also pretty darn strong when mixed properly and lower in calories than other bar drinks since it utilizes seltzer water over a juice or soda-pop.
This Strawberry Lime Vodka Tonic is another refreshing summer drink made with tonic water and fresh fruit that you enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
A muddler is a tool used to mash down fruits and herbs for cocktails. You want to be gentle and mash enough of the fruit and herbs to give the cocktail flavor. Too much mashing can cause the cocktail to have a slightly bitter taste. The muddler is a great tool to have for anyone who loves creating cocktails and so easy to use.
- 6 mint leaves plus extra for garnish
- 6 fresh blackberries
- 3 ounces white rum
- 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup seltzer water soda water or club soda can be used
- ice crushed
- Wash the lime, blackberries and mint.
- Place 6 blackberries and 6 mint leaves in a highball glass.
- Slice the lime in half and cut 2 slices for garnish. Squeeze the remainder of the lime into the highball glass. Add sugar.
- Muddle (mash) the ingredients gently.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add 3 ounces (double shot) of rum and top off with seltzer water.
- Garnish with lime and mint.
What is your go to summer cocktail to help you stay cool during the heat? Let me know in the comments below.