Blueberry Oatmeal Cups are made with old fashioned oats and other basic baking ingredients with almond milk and fresh blueberries. Great recipe for meal prep!
My son just started middle school and school starts just too darn early. Breakfast has turned into a meal prep so he can grab something healthy and easy in the mornings as he walks out the door. These Blueberry Oatmeal Cups are really simple to prep on Sunday night and reheat quickly in the microwave. Plus, they taste delicious!
Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
Blueberry Oatmeal Cups tastes like a baked oatmeal casserole but mini sized with sweet and juicy fresh blueberries packed inside and a hint of cinnamon.
You may also enjoy this Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal a la Mode!
Tips & Tricks
If you are using these Blueberry Oatmeal Cups, follow the cooking instructions below. Then, let cool and place into sandwich bags to store in the fridge. In the morning, grab one and heat in the microwave for about 40 seconds. These are also freezable! Just defrost in fridge before reheating.
Don’t stop at just blueberries. Try any fruit to swap for blueberries. Maybe some juicy blackberries or overripe bananas.
I have made this recipe using both old fashioned oats and quick oats. I recommend the old fashioned oats but a mix of half old fashioned and half quick oats works great too if you happen to have both on hand.
Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup almond milk regular milk can be used
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- non-stick spray
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add dry ingredients- oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Give a good stir.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, milk and maple syrup. Whisk well and then add to dry mixture. Stir all ingredients together.
- Spray a muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each cup with the oatmeal mixture. Place about 5 blueberries in each cup. See notes.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Let cool and eat or store in refrigerator for later.
What is something you like to meal prep for early mornings? Let me know the comments below.