Cake Batter Frosting and Funfetti Cupcakes
- Cupcake Batter
- 1 box vanilla boxed cake mix
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup yellow cake mix from the box
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons room temperature butter
- Gather ingredients, 2 large bowls, mixer, cupcake pan, cupcake baking cups, pastry bag and tip, and measuring cup.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin cupcake mix. Add one box cake mix into large bowl with 3 eggs, 1 cup whole milk and 1 cup melted unsalted butter.
- Use the mixer until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Put cupcake baking cup liners into the cupcake pan. Tip* Use an ice cream scoop to measure out cupcake mixture into liners.
- Add your mixture into each liner filling half way.
- Put cupcakes into oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool and then start frosting.
- In a large bowl, add 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup yellow boxed cake mix, 2/3 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 12 tablespoons room temperature butter.
- Mix all frosting ingredients until silky. If mixture seems thin, add more powdered sugar. If too thick, add more creamer.
- Put frosting into a pastry bag with a frosting tip of choice.
- Frost each individual cupcake. Make sure cupcakes are room temperature before frosting.
- Add sprinkles, cookies or anything else you like to decorate and enjoy!