Shrimp Pesto Linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 pound linguine
- Kale Pesto
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- .5 bunch of kale
- pinch of salt
- Gather ingredients, pot, pan, food processor, strainer, cutting board, knife, basic kitchen instruments.
- Wash vegetables and shrimp well.
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Put the pan on a medium heat and let it heat up while you make the pesto sauce.
- Place the olive oil, kale, almonds, garlic, salt and parmesan cheese into food processor and blend until smooth. This only takes around 3 minutes. Taste test. Pesto may need more salt. Blend another minute.
- Your pan should be hot now, add the 3 tablespoons of butter and let it melt.
- Add the pound of shrimp to pan and cook one minute each side. The shrimp will go from opaque to white. Remove from heat and dump the pesto in.
- The linguine should be finishing cooking, strain and add to pan.
- Mix all ingredients well and serve.