Fried Cornmeal Pickle Spears
- Fried Pickles
- .5 cup buttermilk
- 16 ounce jar dill pickle spears
- 1.5 cups cornmeal
- .5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- oil for frying
- .5 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- On the stove top, add about 1 inch of oil to a large pan. You can use oil of choice. I have used vegetable and peanut oil and both work well. You will need a thermometer to make sure the oil is at 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients together and set to the side while the oil is heating up.
- Drain the pickle slices. Pat dry.
- Grab 2 bowls. Add the buttermilk and eggs in bowl #1. Add cornmeal, cayenne, pepper and flour in bowl #2.
- Each pickle needs to be dipped in bowl #1 and then coated in bowl #2. Set coated pickles on a large plate. Repeat process until all the pickles are coated.
- In small batches, add the coated pickles to the pan with oil at 375 degrees. Cook around 2 minutes or until golden brown flipping half way through. Remove from oil and place on paper towels. Repeat until pickles are all fried.
- Dip fried pickles in sauce ad enjoy!