Red Velvet OREO Truffles are a yummy no-bake dessert made with Red Velvet OREOS, cream cheese and white chocolate topped with sprinkles or crushed OREO cookies.
OREO Truffles are one of those recipes that everyone needs to know how to make for those moments you want a simple dessert that everyone loves. If you need a dessert for a work pot luck or something sweet to bring to a family function- these always work and are always delicious!
Red Velvet OREO Truffles
Red Velvet OREO Truffles are just a spin-off of a regular OREO Truffle so feel feel to use original OREO’s or another fun OREO flavor like these Red Velvet ones as a swap. All you need to do is toss some OREO’s into the food processor with cream cheese and blend until the cream cheese is thoroughly mixed in. Now, use a cookie scoop and your hands to help form the truffle balls and place onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. Place these truffle balls into the freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
Once the truffle balls are chilled, melt your white chocolate down according to package instructions. This is typically cooking in the microwave for 30 second increments and stirring between. I recommend using a coffee mug to melt chocolate because it is microwave safe and stays hot so the chocolate stays melted for longer.
Time to dip these truffles in chocolate! I use the fork technique and place the ball on the fork, dip into the chocolate until it is fully immersed, bring it up and gently tap off excess chocolate on the side of the mug. Place it onto parchment paper with assistance of another fork. Decorate immediately and then served when the chocolate has set up. For decoration, you can use some festive sprinkles or crunch up an OREO cookie to sprinkle over top.
Red Velvet OREO Truffles
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 36 OREOS Red Velvet 1+ packs
- 10 ounces white chocolate for melting
- crushed OREO Red Velvet cookies
- Place OREOS and cream cheese into food processor. Blend until cream cheese is fully incorporated into mixture.
- Roll into 28 balls (give or take a few). I like to use a cookie scoop so my truffles are all the same size.
- Place the balls onto a parchment covered cookie sheet and put into freezer for 30 minutes. Do not skip this step. You want them cold when dipping into the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments in a microwave safe container/bowl/cup stirring between until chocolate is melted. I use a coffee mug as my container.
- Dip each ball into chocolate, place onto parchment paper to dry and place sprinkles or crushed OREO on top. I use a fork for dipping these truffles and just lightly tap excess chocolate off the fork on the side of the mug. Use another fork to assist you in placing the truffle onto the parchment paper.
- Let the chocolate set up before serving and store in fridge.
What will you be whipping up these no-bake Red Velvet OREO truffles for?? Let me know in the comments below.