Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- 1 package lo-mien noodles (can swap for any sort of noodle)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- .5 pounds chicken breast, thin cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Green onion to garnish
- Gather ingredients, small mixing bowl, whisk, wok (or large sauce pan and pot), Ziploc bag, knife, cutting board, measuring cups.
- In the wok (can also use saucepan), add 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, minced garlic, grated ginger, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Add to saucepan and cook for a few minutes, or until thickened.
- Place 1/2 cup of the teriyaki mixture to the side and pour the remaining into a large Ziploc bag.
- Finely slice your chicken breast. Try and cut as thin as possible, it will be faster to cook and more practical while eating. Add chicken slices to Ziploc and seal. Place in fridge for minimum of 30 minutes to marinate.
- Slice the green onion.
- I use the same wok for this dish and just rinse out between steps, you can use separate pans however. Now, rinse the wok or grab a pot to cook the lo-mien according to package directions and drain.
- Rinse the wok, then place on stovetop on a medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken slices and cook for 5 minutes mixing often. If your chicken slices are large, you may need to cook longer.
- Turn off heat, add the lo-mien noodles and the 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce that was set aside earlier. Mix for one minute.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.