Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal a la Mode
Yields: 6 servings
- 3 cups oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 3 cups fresh fruit ( cup each of strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 14 ounce container ProYo High Protein Low Fat Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash 3 cups of fresh fruit. I used 1 cup strawberry, 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup blackberries.
- Cut your strawberries in half and set fruit to the side.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix together. Set to the side.
- In a second bowl, add 2 eggs, almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk ingredients together.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and put half into a skillet or a casserole dish.
- Place half your fruit on top.
- Pour the remainder of your oatmeal mixture into skillet.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the remainder of the fresh fruit on top.
- Serve into bowls and scoop your ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream on top.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes