Crock-Pot Turkey Chili
Crock-Pot Turkey Chili is made in the slow cooker with three beans, lean ground turkey, bell pepper, yellow onion, seasonings and tomatoes. Top with whatever goodies your family enjoys including sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla strips.
- 1+ pounds ground turkey
- olive oil
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained
- 15 ounce can great northern beans drained
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 15 ounce can diced petite tomatoes drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cups tomato vegetable juice I like the V8 brand
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1-3 Tablespoons Hot sauce optional
Brown the ground turkey on the stove-top with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into crock-pot.
Drain the beans and tomatoes. Add to crock-pot.
Chop the onion and bell pepper. Add to crock-pot.
Add in the tomato paste, 1 envelope chili seasoning and hot sauce. Add 2 Tablespoons for a medium spice level, 1 for mild and 3 for HOT depending on how your family likes it. My family likes it with 2 Tablespoons.
Stir ingredients together with the vegetable juice and cook on low for at least 5 hours.
Serve with toppings of choice. We enjoy serrano peppers, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla strips.