Yogurt Parfait with Strawberry Compote is made with plain yogurt, granola and a fresh strawberry sauce paired with a warm cup of New Bigelow Tea with Probiotics for a perfect start to any morning.
Strawberry Compote (will produce approximately 6 servings)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Yogurt Parfait with Strawberry Compote
- 6 ounces yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 3 tablespoons strawberry compote
- mint sprig
- strawberry, sliced
- Make the strawberry compote ahead of time. Start by washing, hulling and and slicing the fresh strawberries.
- Place strawberries into a medium saucepan with honey and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer for 12 minutes. As the strawberries simmer, muddle half of them well by squishing with the back of a spoon or using a potato masher.
- Let the strawberry compote cool and place into a jar to store in fridge for one week.
- Once the strawberry compote has cooled off, you can make the parfait.
- Add 3 tablespoon of strawberry compote to bottom of bowl.
- Layer yogurt on top, followed by a couple tablespoons of granola.
- Garnish with a sliced strawberry and mint (optional).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove