Easter Bunny Cupcakes are made with white cake mix, a sweet buttercream frosting, sprinkles and an adorable milk chocolate bunny on top.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- green food dye
- confetti sprinkles
- Lindt extra small chocolate bunnies
- Whopper Robin Egg chocolates
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1/2 cup softened butter into mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to beat butter until creamy.
- Add cake mix, followed by milk and beat.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Place cupcake liners into muffin pan and fill each 3/4 full of cake batter.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and let cool.
- Begin frosting. Place 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup vegetable shortening into a mixing bowl. Use a hand or stand mixer to beat until creamy.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and the 4 cups of confectioners sugar into bowl in increments until fully blended.
- Add green food coloring until at desired color.
- Add a pinch of water if the frosting is too thick. Start with a teaspoon of water to thin it out but you want this frosting to be thick and pipable.
- Fill a pastry bag with the frosting with a #233 tip for grass. Decorate each cupcake.
- Add some confetti sprinkles and a chocolate bunny on each. You can even make some cupcakes with a couple Whopper Robin Eggs int he center instead of a bunny.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American